Folding hunting knives don’t have to be practical and boring. Check out these fine-looking blades that still serve their purpose!
13 Folding Hunting Knives for Every Hunter
When hunters choose the best folding hunting knives, they consider weight, quality, efficiency, and accessibility. Aside from these features, hunting knives can be stylish and fancy as well.
Why choose practicality over aesthetics when you can have both? Upgrade your hunting gear by adding any of these lovely folding knives in your collection!
- Titanium Coated Razor Sharp Steel Blade – The HR-30 uses high-quality 440C Steel, for a perfect balance of edge retention and ease of sharpening; The ultra-tough titanium coating ensures that it will last a lifetime
- Unique Notched Blade – Different from its cousin HR-15, the HR-30 adds a notched blade that allows for controlled slicing and cutting through even the toughest materials
- Spring-Assisted Opening – With the HR-30’s spring assisted lightning fast open, in just seconds you will have this tool (or weapon) at the ready
1. DKC-37 Victorian Damascus Folding Pocket Knife Camel Bone
This beautiful piece of art from DKC Knives is made of Damascus steel with camel bone inlay. Uniquely engraved and antique-looking, this folding knife is handcrafted by artisans. It comes with a leather sheath, which gives the knife a rustic charm.
What is Damascus steel? This is forged steel made from wootz steel ingots. It is characterized by a flowing water pattern. Contrary to its name, Damascus steel isn’t always made in Damascus.
- DKC-37-BH VICTORIAN Damascus Folding Pocket Knife Buffalo Horn 7.75″ Long, 4.5″ Folded 3″ Blade 4.8oz DKC Knives Hand Made Incredible Look and Feel Classic style Damascus pocket knife. Black Buffalo Horn, antique steel inlay . Swanky pocket knife. Very unique.
- Comes With Sheath That May Vary From Pictures Due to Production Lots
- Hand Made Products Vary From Knife To Knife. Stated size and weight is approximate and may vary from knife to knife. Knife Sheath shown is typical, but my vary depending on availability and current design. Pin design, mosaic buttons, blade filing design may vary from knife to knife in comparison to pictures. These are handmade not factory stamped !
2. Buck Knife 110 Folding Hunter Knife
Buck Knives are famous for producing the top hunting knives in the market. The 110 Folding Hunter is one of the oldest and most beautiful folding hunting knives they sell.
One glance at this knife and it fills you up with nostalgia. This model has a simple and classic design which remained unchanged for many years.
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE- 3-3/4″ 420HC Stainless Steel Clip Blade has excellent strength , edge retention and is corrosion resistant. The Clip blade has a very sharp controllable point, and is good for detail work, piercing and slicing
- STRENGTH AND SAFETY – Easy to open with a nail notch on the blade. The lock back mechanism locks the blade open for reliable strength and safety while you work. Closed Length 4-7/8″ Weight 7.2 oz.
- AN AMERICAN ICON – Classic Woodgrain Handle and Brass Bolsters provide a perfect combination of beauty and balance.
3. Open Season Folding Skinner Knife
Another entry from Buck Knives is the Open Season Folding Skinner Knife. This knife is specifically designed to skin game as cleanly as possible.
The blade comes from double-tempered S30V steel. The handle is crafted from Rosewood Dymondwood.
- One hand opening
- 420HC stainless steel blade
- Contoured Red wood handle with large choil for secure grip
4. Cold Steel Voyager XL Vaquero Plain Edge Knife
If you need to do some heavy chopping, the XL Voyager Vaquero Plain Edge knife is strong enough to do the job. The blade is beautifully contoured just like a cow’s horn, which explains why the knife is named ‘Vaquero.’ Its grip or handle is secure enough to endure challenging conditions.
- Blade Length: 5.5-Inch
- Blade Thickness: 4 mm
- Overall Length: 12 1/4-Inch
5. Boker Kwaiken Flipper
The Boker Kwaiken Flipper’s simple, slim, and sleek design makes it look very classy. Its blade, crafted from high-quality VG-10 steel, has a satin finish. The handle is made from carbon fiber, and it sports a pocket clip on one side.
- VG-10 Steel satin finished blade
- Carbon Fiber handle
- Includes pocket clip
6. Kershaw 3810 Dimension Folding Knife
The Kershaw 3810 Dimension Folding Knife has an interesting modern look. Because of its ‘futuristic’ appeal, it seems like a perfect prop for a sci-fi movie. This heavy-duty folding knife has a very solid feel because of its titanium handle.
- Speed Safe assisted opening, Frame lock with lock bar stabilizer, Flipper and thumb stud, Quad-carry, deep-carry
- Steel-and-titanium construction, Handle is titanium, Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish
- Handle: Machined G-10 steel bolster front, 410 steel back
7. SOG AE07 Aegis Folding Knife
If you fancy a knife you can use as both a survival and a tactical knife, the SOG AE07 Aegis Folding Knife is the one for you. The blade has a black finish which gives the knife a combative and serious appeal.
This knife is quite easy to use for both right-handed and left-handed people since it has ambidextrous features on its grip.
- 3.5″ AUS-8 STAINLESS TANTO KNIFE: At 4.75″ in closed length, the SOG Aegis Tanto partially serrated knife serves well as an EDC knife, hunting knife, camping knife and rescue knife
- 3.1 OZ. WT. W/ GRN DIGI CAMO KNIFE HANDLE: Glass-reinforced nylon offers great grip with zero upkeep; a tough tactical knife handle for this ergonomic everyday carry folding knife and flip knife
- SOG ASSISTED TECH (S.A.T.) + PISTON LOCK: One of the fastest spring assisted opening knife systems ever; spring assisted pocket knife opens single-handed, and Piston Lock secures the blade
8. Spartan by Cold Steel
Here’s another knife from Cold Steel which is a heavy-duty outdoor hunting knife. Its handle is reinforced by steel liners.
It also has a unique design for an easier and more stable grip. The blade is made from American BD1 Alloy Steel and sports a stonewashed finish.
- Super Sharp Knife – The stonewashed blade was designed to echo the aesthetics and cutting performance of the world famous Kukri, a Nepalese knife similar to a machete, cut through meats, rope, bamboo, and aluminum with ease
- Kopis-Inspired Handle – Super thick spine with finger cutouts makes holding the Cold Steel Spartan comfortable and safe, handle is molded out of Griv-Ex with heat treated steel liners for extra security
- Tri-Ad Lock – The safest folding knife locking system on the market, holding 800 lbs of hanging weight. The blade is shouldered around the stop pin for increased resistance to wear and tear. The full surface of the lock and blade tang sit flush, making the lock system more secure.
9. Opinel N08
The Opinel Knives’ N08 folding knife has a round, beechwood handle, and a carbon steel blade. This knife is easy on the wallet since its price is low compared to the other knives on this list. It is an example of a simple tool, free from elaborate designs, but still serves its purpose.
- Simple, sturdy, efficient and easy to use, this essential tool remains unchanged since 1890 but is unmatched in its design. Raw material and colors may vary from one collection to another, but its style remains deeply steeped in history and tradition. This timeless knife is for people who enjoy the outdoors, and is a must-have tool for professional or amateur handymen. It is used everywhere from the garden to the table, a knife that is given as a gift and passed down to loved ones.
- Opinel’s carbon steel is extremely hard, thereby guaranteeing excellent cutting quality, good wear resistance and easy regrinding. Carbon can corrode easily. It is advised that you avoid damp locations and wipe and grease the blade after use. Each blade is stamped with the “Crowned Hand” mark. In 1909, Joseph Opinel chose the Crowned Hand emblem for his knives as a symbol to represent the origin and quality of Opinel knives.
- Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. Beech is hard, durable and easy to work with. With a homogeneous appearance, its light color varies from yellow to pink. It is characterized by the presence of numerous small, dark dashes. To prevent a negative impact on the environment (pollution from transport, deforestation …), 95% of the wood for handles comes from sustainably managed French forests.
10. Ka Bar Bobcat Dozier
— Outdoor Warrior (@Outdoor_Warrior) November 18, 2016
Ka Bar’s take on this folding hunting knife is quite beautiful in its own way. Bob Dozier’s design is more practical than elaborate. The blade detail is plain and supported by a handle made from Zytel.
- Made in: taiwan
- Category name: traditional-pocket-knives
- Made in USA or imported
11. Columbia River Knife
The Columbia River Knife is a stainless steel blade great for everyday use. It has an 8 CR 13 MOV steel 5-inch blade with a spear point design. This knife is not spring-loaded but it opens real quick with one flick.
12. TAC Force Orange EMT Pocket Knife
One of the interesting features of this knife is it has a seatbelt cutter and a glass breaker. The length of this knife is only 4-inches when it’s fully closed, which makes it concealable enough to fit in any pocket. At 4.2 ounces, it’s lightweight and durable for everyday carry.
13. Kershaw Launch 3
The Kershaw Launch 3 is optimized for everyday cutting uses. It has a black DLC coating on the blade to enhance this Kershaw’s corrosion resistance. The handle is made from aircraft grade aluminum, making it a very durable cutting tool.
Watch this video by CraigShipp.com for some of the best folding knives:
Each folding hunting knife on this list is beautiful in their own ways. These sharp folding tools are durable and made from the finest materials.
Every single one has a practical purpose for hunting and other outdoor activities. Upgrade your hunting gear with one of these outdoor knives!
Is your favorite folding hunting knife on this list? Let us know what you think of this list in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on February 11, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.